Thursday, October 05, 2006

Are you kidding me?!?!

Saturday night, right before our friends came over with their new baby, I went out to get the mail. I walked out the mailbox, grabbed the mail, and saw that there was something from the police department addressed to me. I thought "oh good, he sent me a copy of the police report." Wrong.

It was a citation. That's right. A ticket. Wonder what the violation was? The cop (I prefer the term 'officer,' but in this case, I would rather use the more demeaning term, 'cop') wrote in the "Violation A" box: "Backed not in Safely." What the hell does that mean? It made me so mad, I just dissolved into tears. I couldn't believe that he had the gall to send me a ticket when the bicyclist wasn't paying attention and HIT ME! Not to mention that we did absolutely everything we could to help him, get him to the hospital, keep his bike for him...everything we could do, we did. And I got the ticket. I was so mad. I still am.

Needless to say, we're going to contest it, and I've already sent in the ticket with the "NOT GUILTY" box checked and signed. We'll see what happens now. As if I need one more thing to stress about right now.

And about my knee, I've gone to the dr, he drained it, and took 75 cc's of bloody fluid off of the joint. He said that if he tried to drain his knee, he would be lucky to get 1 cc of fluid off of it. My knee had 75 times the amount of fluid it should have on it. He said that he expected the fluid to be yellowy-clear, and that the fact that it was bloody meant it had been injured, and recently, like within the last week. But it's been swollen like this for about 6 weeks, and a little less swollen for 6 weeks prior to that. So the dr. ordered an MRI and x-rays, and sent the fluid to the lab for testing.

That was Monday. I had my MRI and x-rays today. So far the lab tests are coming back negative for bacteria growth, which is good. The dr. said that he thought my problem was probably due to the surgery I had 6 years ago on the same knee, but he can't be sure until he sees the MRI. I'm going in Monday to find out what that says, and at that visit he said he would probably want to drain it again and then give me a cortizone shot to help with the inflamation. Of course, this would happen right before we move into a two-story house.

We're just three weeks away now from closing! We're very excited, but also stressed, because we have an entire house to pack and a little guy who thinks he's a big help, but really isn't. Somehow we'll get it all done...at least that's what I keep telling myself.

This too shall pass....isn't that what they say?

1 comment:

anythingwithcheese said...

Holy crap! I can't believe someone ran into your car and you got a freakin' ticket!! What the hell is wrong with that cop?!!?

And I can't believe you are only 3 weeks away from closing. If I get a break from work I'll totally help you pack!!!