Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fuzzi Bunz are on their way!!

Yesterday we went to Paul's friend O's house to play. O had his 1st birthday on the 14th, and his mom, C, had me and another friend over for lunch and a playdate. It was lots of fun, and the boys had a great time together. It's funny to watch emerging toddlers play together. It's a constant, "he has that, and I want it." battle between them. And it doesn't matter what the object is. It's obviously better if the other kid has it. But, once you get it, it somehow loses it's coolness, and you want whatever the other kid now has. Sharing is not in the toddler vocabulary.

My friend C uses a type of cloth diapers called Fuzzi Bunz. They basically have an outer diaper that goes on almost exactly like a disposible diaper, but they're washable and have an absorbant insert that soaks up all the pee. The insert is washable too, and it looks kinda like a big cloth maxi-pad. She's been using the FB's since O was born and really likes them.

When Paul was still in my tummy, I had dreams of using cloth diapers, and had even orderd a bunch, complete with diaper covers. But, after Juan changed his first diaper (and newborns aren't the easiest to change - the scream the whole time) he said "HELL NO! We're using disposible!" So, 'poof!' there went the dream.

So then, I met C, and she's using these great Fuzzi Bunz, and the dream returned. In fact, I had already told Juan that with the next one, we're using those. So, when I was over at her house yesterday, she showed me one, and I got to thinking. Why do I need to wait to use them? We already dump the poop out of Paul's diaper, so what's the big deal? Not only that, you can put a liner in the diaper (looks like a dryer sheet), and it catches the poop and you flush the whole thing!

Anyway, last night, I ordered 12 brand-new Fuzzi Bunz in all different colors, and I know it's silly, but I'm really excited for them to get here. I think they're better for us, will save us lots of money, better for Paul, and better for the environment. It's a win-win-win situation. Hopefully, my next post won't be about how much I hate them and how I wish I hadn't spent the money on them!! ;-)

No comments: