Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Things that make you say ewwww...

Yesterday, since I was just about to lose it, I took Paul to this place called "Raddijazz." The concept in neat, it's called an indoor playnasium. It's basically a big indoor playground for kids of different ages. There are three different areas, the volcano, complete with a foam pit (similar to a ball pit, but with foam cubes instead), the lake area, with cushy boats to sit in and big geese to climb on, and some other area that I'm not real sure what it's supposed to represent, but it's basically a playground like what's at McDonald's.

The floors are carpeted and kinda spongy so if the kids fall it doesn't hurt. Lots of stuff to do, big time stimulation. And then you add kids. Of all ages, and it becomes, as one of my mommy-friends put it, like a mosh-pit. There are kids running in every direction, jumping rolling, and sometimes flying through the air. Needless to say, I get a little protective of my little guy toddling around. I was constantly telling the older kids to "watch the babies!"

The thing that gets really annoying about Raddijazz is that there are literally kids of all ages there. Crawling babies to 10-year olds. I really wish they would have a baby day or morning, or something like that so that the older kids aren't constantly trampling the babies. Oh, and did I mention the daycares that come and don't supervise the kids? Nice.

So on to the ewwww.... I let Paul go into the foam pit. I went in with him, because I have no idea how deep it is, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to retrieve him if he went under. It did make me wonder how many kids have disappeared under the sea of red foam cubes. Not to mention dirty diapers, peed in pants, snot and other unmentionables.

So, we're in the foam pit, and I keep smelling poop. Like the mom that I am, I sniff Paul's butt to see if he's the one with the stinky. Nope, not Paul. We get out and go to another area. No more poop smell. I follow Paul back to the volcano. I smell poop again. Sniff Paul's butt again. No stinky. Then I realize it: it's the ball pit. That's what smells like poop. All those foam cubes that have God-only knows what on them have started to stink. Paul didn't go near the foam pit again. Ewwww.

Oh, did I mention that you can't wear shoes at Raddijazz? I understand why, but I also know that I will be taking a pair of socks for me if we go there again, which is doubtful. The bottoms of my feet were sticky in a really gross sort of way when we left, and I could only imagine, but didn't really want to imagine, what was on my feet. Ewww.

All in all, I've decided that Raddijazz is just gross. I don't think we'll be going there again anytime soon.

No comments: