Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New Morning Routine

As prescribed by the Flylady, I have written out my morning routine. I generally get it all done, maybe not in the exact order that it is on the list, but for the most part, my routine is complete before I leave the house. Well, I've added another step, which I'm feeling really good about.

I was talking to Juan the other day about how I really didn't like how my body was changing. I've noticed that my upper arms seem like they've gotten flabbier, and in general, I'm just a little softer than I used to be. I think that part of this is due to Paul being able to walk around now. I don't carry him as much as I used to, and it's showing in my arms!

My weight hasn't changed much, if at all, despite my attempts at weight watchers. Anyway, I realized that other than walking once a week with friends, and running after Paul, I'm pretty sedatary nowadays.

The problem I was coming up against is when to exercise. It's so DAMN HOT here right now, that if I wait until after breakfast to walk with Paul, I'm disgusting when I get back and need another shower. That would be fine if I could shower with Paul locked in the bathroom with me, but it scares him, I don't have a door to the toilet closet, and I can't see him because of the shower curtain. So, that's out. After dinner is hard, because we usually need to get Paul bathed and then to bed. So, that leaves one other time: early in the morning, before I shower.

SO, Juan gets me up now in the mornings about 6:20 AM, and I'm out the door for at 30-minute walk by 6:30. Then when I get home, I shower, and go about my morning routine.

I've done it two mornings in a row now, and I actually enjoy the walks. It's still a little dark, but I get to see the sunrise, and it's some time to myself. I've also seen bats the past two mornings, flying and catching bugs around the streetlights.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this up. I told Juan that I would need him to encourage me (push me!) out of bed before too long. I hear that if you can do something for a month, then it becomes a habit....here's hopin'!

On a different note, I heard from the builder today that our closing date is set right now for November 6th. He said that he would keep pushing the house, and that if they finished sooner, that we might be able to close sooner. Hopefully, we can close before November 1st, because our lease here is up October 31st, and it would be nice to not have to pay more for extended months!

No comments: