Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ugh! Stink!

Last night, after Paul went to bed, Juan asked me to let the dogs in to feed them. When I let them in the back door, this odor followed them... At first it didn't register, but then it hit me. Like a brick wall. SKUNK!! Then Pete, our black lab mix, shook...and something wet hit me...and then I realized that they hadn't just been near where a skunk had sprayed, but had actually been sprayed!!! The dogs were in the house MAYBE a total of 30 seconds, but that smell permeated through the entire house. Mmmm...nothing like ode de skunk...just what I always wanted my house to smell like!

So Juan and I went outside to make sure that the dogs hadn't killed the skunk, and that it had actually left the yard. We did some searching with the flashlight, and didn't see anything, and really, when we found where it happened, we didn't need the light. There's a nice 10-ft radius or so of skunk stink in our backyard....lovely.

Needless to say, the dogs did not sleep inside last night, which made for a long night of barking and dog beatings, since they're not used to sleeping outside. I also just couldn't find the energy to get out of bed this morning and walk, although it would have been nice since it was a little cooler. Anyway, long story short, our dogs stink, and I'm not sure how to get the stink off of them...great!!!

1 comment:

anythingwithcheese said...

Oh my, that really, really sucks. Good luck getting the stink off!