Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stink....Round Three!

Okay, so the animal control guy came...and asked to see my proof of rabies vaccination for the dogs...which I couldn't find. They are current on their shots, but I couldn't find the paperwork.

So, the animal control officer came to my door, told me that he was going to go get the skunk, and could he have a plastic bag. Are you kidding? The city sends your to collect a dead skunk, and don't give you a plastic bag? What if I hadn't had one? What would he have done with it? Let it rest in his lap all the way to the office? I found that really funny!

So, anyway, he went to collect the skunk, and came back. He said that it was pretty 'ripe.' I really can't imagine a much worse job than having to collect dead skunks. Ugh. Gross. Anyway, I couldn't find the paperwork, but I did find the tags for the dogs, so the officer didn't give me the $200 citation. I do, however, have to call the vet tomorrow morning to get the exact date of vaccination, and call that in to animal control. My instructions from the officer was to quarantine the dogs until the skunk could be tested. If the skunk tests negative, we're all good. If it tests positive, we have to quarantine our dogs for 45-90 days. That really sucks, because we are due to leave for the beach next Friday! My mom was going to keep the dogs, but she won't be able to, because she has dogs, and we won't be able to board them, since they're supposed to be quarantined! We should know by Monday if the skunk was rabid or not.

This is a huge pain in my ass.

No comments: